General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

Searching for vintage Peterbilt Parts
Print Topic | Close Window

By jdwnch - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:59 PM
Hello Fellow Gearheads,

I bought a 1968 Model 351 in California in 2004 and drove it back to FL.
It is currently in the process of a restoration but I am missing some parts and am hoping the other members can provide leads or references.
Needed are a window regulator, a hood latch, vintage air cleaner and lubefiner.

Thanks in advance.

Bob C.
By DENNY - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:03 PM
look on ebay,i have found lots of stuff there.courtland truck works will have just about anything you need,just keep in mind that alot of their stuff is reproductin and can get pricey.i have bought some things from them that was very reasonable,also check our aths classifieds.:)
By Doug Blevins - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:06 PM
Welcome! If you have deep pockets Courtland Truck works can probably supply everything you need, but if you are like the majority of us here (limited funds, & more projects than we can handle) Then there are still a few salvage yards that have 351 parts, getting harder to find now though. Courtland is listed in the Parts and services link;)  Doug
By Doug Blevins - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:09 PM
Dang Denny, I guess I need to learn to type with more than 2 fingers:D you must use at least 3 :D  Doug
By DENNY - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:22 PM
heck Doug i just use
By Aaron - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:19 PM
The Luberfiner is not year specific at that point in time so you can get one in the local salvage yard,hood latches can no longer be bought new thru Peterbilt, here again a salvage yard near you, and the air cleaner will be motor specific, you would be better off to get the build sheet from HQ in Kansas for your truck, it will tell you what style air cleaner was on it, and what engine came in that truck, most likely a Cummins 335 in 68 and the air cleaner would be a Vortox G160, that cleaner will work up to a 400/420, the G 140 is too small even for a 335.
By frankcowan - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:42 PM
FWIW there is a "1966 needlenose 335 cummins tandem axle with 15 sspd trans" advertised on Yesterdays trucks classified ads in  Burnsville, NC.  Aaron @ 828 284 0145 If all else fails he may know where there are some spare parts. 
By chrisL - Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:15 PM
Doug Blevins (10/29/2008)
If you have deep pockets Courtland Truck works can probably supply everything you need.

Actully Courtland seems to be running out of some parts. I called a few weeks ago and asked about 2 used front fenders and some roof panels.

They didn't have either. They did offer to sell me new fenders but the price was In My Opinion very unreasonable.

By Eddy Lucast - Friday, October 31, 2008 2:18 AM
Don't forget to look thru the Parts and Services Forum.
By jdwnch - Friday, October 31, 2008 12:32 PM
Thanks, Eddy.
By jdwnch - Friday, October 31, 2008 12:34 PM
Thanks, Frank. I will follow up.
By Rogerstar1 - Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:31 PM
June 9th, 2010, 7:30 pm, est.

Needle nose Peterbilt, 1968 selling on Ebay auction cl;osimg in 14 hours. See auction number  130397648699.  Undersigned is not the seller.
By 118968 - Friday, January 03, 2020 10:50 AM
i need a 36 inch crol throw sleeper with 4 squar doors must have door handles on all 4 doors ..everything for the a/c on the roof..i need a set of budd 22 rims..oil finder..if you can help me i will greatfull from garden city kansas cell number is 620-290-9829..i don't really like talking on the phone so can txt me or email 1/3/20..4.50pm..not sure if anyone still was this bord any more