General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

Small cam injector tool

https://forums.aths.org/Topic189900.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By RobertMoen - Monday, December 13, 2021 4:29 PM
Hoping someone can tell me where to source the tool for actuation the injector rocker arm while setting non top stop injectors using the dial indicator method, I am not having much luck searching online.
By Newto - Tuesday, December 14, 2021 9:35 AM
If they are non top stop injectors then the best method is to use an inch pound tension wrench and set them to 72 in/lbs on the outer base circle method...ie when the injector plunger is fully down and seated in the cup. Much more accurate than the dial indicator method which doesn't allow for any wear on the top of the cam lobe.

Cheers,

Newto
By jimfols - Tuesday, December 14, 2021 11:42 AM
^^^^ What Newto said +1000
By Newto - Wednesday, December 15, 2021 8:21 PM
:D
By RobertMoen - Thursday, December 16, 2021 6:45 AM
Thanks, going to be doing a pump and injectors and was a little paranoid about smashing the plungers into the cups if I didn't have it lined up just right so the dial indicator method looked a little safer🤣
By Newto - Thursday, December 16, 2021 10:24 AM
there's more chance of getting it wrong with the dial indicator.....a few thou too tight and you WOULD be trying to push the plungers through the cups.....tension wrench sets the plunger to cup perfectly.....just remember to wind the adjusting screw down and back at least once before using the tension wrench so you purge any residual fuel out of the cup before tensioning.

Newto