General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

Truck Shows

http://forums.aths.org/Topic48076.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Eddy Lucast - Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:27 AM
That makes sense. The title of the event gets populated in the "box". Most of the titles include part of this information. Lets talk about this at our meeting. We could substitute the Event name with the Location and or include both on the subject line to accomplish this.

I'll create a test event to model the possiblites. Look for it under April 1st 2009.

By Kid - Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:31 AM
Eddy, think he means searchable location, and or shows by location. I too dont know all the branch and fling names, so when I look at the calendar, I have to click each event, to see where it is. If we could list by location, we'd know what's coming when.. At least that was my take, as I was looking last night, the same way.. at least, I couldn't advance search the shows by state name..
By John Dameron - Monday, April 13, 2009 5:00 PM
Could we maybe show the location of a show in the calendar box?  Then if the show was near enough to consider going to it, we could click on the calendar box and get the details for the show.
By Kid - Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:27 PM
Eddy, that makes it simpler,, if, you go thru each month. I did advanced search on the truck show calendar, used CT and FOGGIES , neither showed it. Why wouldnt the search pull it up, if the search text was in the title or the body ?
By Eddy Lucast - Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:19 AM
John,

Every show in the calendar should already have the location listed. Is there a show listed in the calendar that you question?

Eddy

By John Dameron - Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:26 PM
I like the sample.  That's immediately tells me two things, first, that the show is in Connecticut, second it tells me it is outside of my reasonable travel range so I do not have to click on the box because I do not need any more details.  Had the box said, for example, anytown, North Carolinad, I would than clicked on it for the details, located the town on an atlas, and then made my decision.  Thanks for the response.