General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

Looking for info or year of kenworth

http://forums.aths.org/Topic189331.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Diesel_86 - Thursday, October 08, 2020 11:54 AM
I just got this free kenworth it has been sitting for the last 20 years in a field was told if I could move it I could have it. After putting fuel in it and batteries it started right up and I drove it home. I am trying to find any info on it mainly what year it may be.
By Geoff Weeks - Thursday, October 08, 2020 12:04 PM
I don't know, but I've never been offered such a deal! You did good!
You might ask over at justoldtrucks as well, there are some with more KW knowledge then I have.
By Two-Books - Saturday, October 10, 2020 2:45 AM
I'll do a little more research but I'm guessing late 60's, I drove 64's or 65's back in the day and they still had the hinged panels below the drivers windshield for access to the backside of the dash and the hydraulic clutch master cyl. They hadn't gone to the dipstick door on the right side of the grill. There could be some discrepancies here also as the ones I drove were built at the Canadian Kenworth plant in Burnaby BC. Nice find and enjoy your freebie.
By Diesel_86 - Tuesday, October 13, 2020 8:41 AM
Thank for the info I am planning on running the vin to find out exactly so far just doing small cheap repairs.
By roKWiz - Thursday, October 15, 2020 3:08 PM
Great find on the Kenworth. As others have said around 65 66. This might help.
Please post up some more pictures of her.

http://forums.aths.org/Uploads/Images/1ad842c9-64d4-4525-ba28-423d.jpg
By deguitars - Saturday, December 26, 2020 4:49 PM
Chassis number will tell you the year (Jeff posted the sheet for that). Otherwise from the pic it's a First Gen. K100 so built between late 1963 and May 1967. If it has a 1xxxxx chassis number then it was built in Seattle. I can look that up if you need.

cheers,
David