General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

LED light rewire

http://forums.aths.org/Topic189191.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Trokoz - Monday, June 01, 2020 7:33 PM
Hi! I'm planning to put on a LED light bar. Did anyone here try to rewire the wire connection outside the cab? I'm worried that it might have some issues on the amperage. Will there be any problems with a 12V system? I'm thinking of buying discounted lights cos I saw a few on amazon and 4wheelonline. Not sure if I still need a LED compatible flasher for that.
By 71KW - Thursday, June 18, 2020 5:25 AM
I don't know if this will help. I have a 71 KW that pulls a trailer with all LED lights with no problem, and some on the truck itself. Most automotive LED's are already converted to 12 volts. I haven't had much success with the cheap lights. If they work, they don't last. Best to get a Grote or Truck Lite, etc. Check their catalogues. They have an amazing array of products.
By Norm W. - Sunday, June 21, 2020 1:56 PM
I have LED lights on my '76 White. I had to switch it to negative ground to use the electric brake control, so the polarity for the lights was already taken care of. It depends on the ground you have more than amperage. LEDs take very little amperage. If by light bar you mean a set of lights that make it "DAY LIGHT" in front of you, check to make sure that the amp draw can be handled by your wiring.