General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

What Am I for Wednesday 10/27/10

http://forums.aths.org/Topic100350.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Freight_train From Bama - Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:55 PM
It has a very slight faegol face but it doesn't have enough.The front end look firmiliar.I just can't place that thing.
By Jeff Lakaszcyck - Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:11 PM
It looks like Bill White and Jack Amaral are really good ! They both are absolutely correct on the body builder, ACF-Brill, and the chassis builder, Willys, and the model, C-10. Jack even had the year right, 1948, (or possibly '47). Richard, that is interesting that you recognise this. Since they only built around 25 you are very likely right about Atlantic City. Thanks to Don MacKenzie for the photo.

By Bill White - Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:49 PM
ACF-Brill C-10 Willys chassis
By Richard - Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:31 AM
I don't know about the bus /chassis maker, although the hubcabs look like Willys, BUT I am reasonably certain it is a Jitney from Atlantic City, NJ --it has a NJ plate and the logo on the roof (Playground of the World) I recall was Atlantic City's.  There were a lot of IH  Metro jitneys in AC during the 50'/60's.
By clyde318 - Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:49 PM
Not real good at busses(or,it seems,trucks for that matter,hahahahah)but will guess a Dodge with Wayne body. The front emblem looks like Flxible,but I can't recall a bus this short from them.
By Jack Amaral - Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:39 PM
AROUND 1948 WILLYS ACF-BRILL C-10
By Jeff Lakaszcyck - Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:31 PM
Here's one of those "short" buses. Emblems removed. If you are really good you can name both the body builder and the chassis builder. Photo from Don MacKenzie.

By goldnugget#61 - Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:57 PM
The front reminds me of a Hudson