General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

Truck & Transportation History

Home Search Tags

Jolly Big Adventure!!!

Posted By Jolly Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:52 PM
Add to Favorites0
Jolly
 Posted Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:52 PM
ATHS Member

ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)

Group: Forum User
Last Active: Sunday, September 14, 2014 10:25 AM
Well as of yesterday I get to go hunting, I spent all night getting ready and lining things up I needed to do today, I was up all night and have not been to sleep in about three days now, When I try to sleep nothing happen other then I lie there thinking of all the things I need to do to get ready for the hunt.

So this morning I make a call and find out were to go and I'm off over the mountain to Hyrum, I find the parking lot, locate the guy at the gate they told to look for, and he hands me a stack of paper work I have to fill out before I can even get thru the gate. So I do and head back to the gate, everything looks to be in order and he sends me off between two building and up a long stairway to the upper floor, thru the door and to the red wall, I get there, hand over the papers, they tell me to take a seat while they check it out because they have no clue why I'm there.

as a few more minutes pass by and out came a lady with the paper work and hand it back and tell me I'm in the wrong, so back out to the gate, to the parking lot and around the building because the parking lot is in back, and across the street to another office to check in at. More confession, and even worst they guy I was told to see over here is gone for the day, so they sent me out and to the other end of that building to find some one else, which I did, and he took my paper work, said they had a few to look over and he would be in touch. well that kills half a day pretty good, so I head for the house.

Later I get to go back to my old stomping grounds one more time to do guess what, yep that's right, more paper work. while that's about enough of that so on my way home again, I hit the store to pick up a couple of light one, and while I'm there I figure I'll ask them about hunting, and the guy told me if I had a computer at home I could do it from there, so pay for the light ones and head out.

Well I getting pretty beat now and need to get some sleep, or try anyway, so I think I'll hold off of any more hunting this weekend, the front steps need some work anyway and I only got one of those light one up this after noon, so I still have one more to put up, and bird house to rebuild, heck maybe if I can find a few more thing to fix up around the house this weekend.

And just for fun while I was doing some hunting on my computer, I even check out one site in Southeast Oregon, I was told is south of burns, pretty open place as I recall, not sure how the hunting will be but my paper work is already filled in for that one now.

Its been so long since the last time I went hunting, 22 years, it has changed so much, you can now do most of it at home right on your desk top. Now you may be asking by this point, "What kind of hunting is Jolly doing?". Why I'll tell you my friends, its called Job Hunting.

After 22 years of being a bus mechanic, I was forced out by stupid rules they keep changing and add to, I was about to be fired for taking pictures of buses while I was working!!! I had enough and told them I would just resign because I can no longer work for an outfit that does not want anyone to have any fun while they are getting their jobs done.

SO P&G is building a new plant just across the freeway from me to make both TP & PT, so that was stop number 2 last night at about 2:30 am, stop 3 was at Job service and about 4:00 am, and when I found something that would fit my needs, I printed it out and it was already 8:30 this morning. This is the point in the story were you would jump back to the top if you forgot that part.....

Stop number was at about 10:00 pm last night on the one in Oregon, Ranch Mechanic some place south of Burns. And my last stop in hunting came after I put up the light I bought at Home Depot, I logged on to their site and did some hunting there too.

Well I didn't tell this story so you all would fill sorry for me, I told it so if any of you have the same problem, you don't need to wait for the job service place to open, just go online and start hunting from home.

So the final count, 5 shots fired from home, and one I had to do in person in Hyrum for the Heavy Duty Mechanic at the beef packing plant.

Take care eh, and keep your stick on the ice.

~~~~~~> End Of Line <~~~~~~

1965 GMC 3505 Rescue Squad

Jolly Goodfellow ~ Northern Utah ~ 6066 GMC Guy

Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:57 PM by Jolly
Jolly
 Posted Saturday, February 14, 2009 7:27 PM
ATHS Member

ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)ATHS Member - (29,964 reputation)

Group: Forum User
Last Active: Sunday, September 14, 2014 10:25 AM
Well its been a while but I have landed a part time job for now, Drivin one of these when needed to fill in....{new photos Posted}

Still looking for a real job, been working for the Census Bureau but that Job will be ending next week.

~~~~~~> End Of Line <~~~~~~

1965 GMC 3505 Rescue Squad

Jolly Goodfellow ~ Northern Utah ~ 6066 GMC Guy

BESD-989-002.jpg (1,446 views, 488.45 KB)
 BESD-2207-004.jpg (1,420 views, 650.22 KB)
 BESD-980-0120.jpg (1,425 views, 508.12 KB)