General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

Truck & Transportation History

Home Search Tags

Ford hub caps

Posted By 113937 Sunday, January 26, 2020 6:40 AM
Add to Favorites0
 Posted Sunday, January 26, 2020 6:40 AM

. - (32 reputation). - (32 reputation). - (32 reputation). - (32 reputation). - (32 reputation). - (32 reputation). - (32 reputation). - (32 reputation). - (32 reputation)

Group: Forum User
Last Active: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:46 AM
I have a 1937 1 1/2 ford flat bed . It has what appears to be stainless steel front hub caps , though they are magnetic in the center . I have seen a picture of one of these hub caps on a table and it looks like there is a steel inner cap attached to the outer SS cap and the inner steel cap is threaded into the hub . The outer stainless cap is a stamping and it has a raised octagonal center section , that looks like its there for a wrench . I found a octagonal wrench and I made up a tool that keeps the wrench from sliding up and off the raise octagonal section . The hub cap will not back off . You can't get a torch to the inner hub cap and hub where I think the heat needs to go . Has anybody been through this ?